Paris is one of my favourite cities in the whole world. Whatever you need, you’ll find it in Paris. You want architecture? Go and admire the Louvre and see for yourself the architectural transition from the French Renaissance to the classical style of Louis XIV. Fancy some outstanding patisserie? You’ll find some fine croissants and pastries in Paris. Howbeit, what I admire the most is the French fashion and what I look forward to every February and September is Paris Fashion Week! For Spring/Summer Paris definitely outdid itself. There were some magnificent pieces from Alexander McQueen, Altuzarra, Chloe, Dior, Elie Saab and many, many more. Without further ado, ahead Paris Fashion Week SS19 Highlights:
- A white vision from A.W.A.K.E during Paris Fashion Week SS19. The model is wearing a two-piece set, consisting of a pleated long white skirt and a frost white wrinkled top. For contrast, the model is carrying a black leather shoulder bag with an oversized leather strap.
- Akris came up with their own version of an eggnog suit combo. The model is showing an oversized jumpsuit with folded hems. On top she has an oversized straight-cut blazer in the same shade of beige. There is also a bag with a cartoon face that makes the whole look a bit more fun and casual.
- Alessandra Rich definitely knows what class is. From her Paris Fashion Week SS19 lookbook, there was a set that stood out the most. A pleated below-the-knee skirt with a sparkly gem-covered belt is paired with a see-through bardot top with gem buttons. Covering the bardot is the most beautiful and subtle silk shirt with lace details and colourful printed ribbons.
- Sleek Rock ‘n’ Roll from Alexander McQueen with a two-piece suit in black with split sleeves, ties and holes details across the blazer and shoes. The wide leg trousers were elevating the whole set on another rock chic level.
- Another all-black suit combo from Alexandre Vauthier. This time we have straight-leg trousers and a shirt that is not thin enough to be considered as a regular shirt, but also thick enough to be mistaken for a blazer. Gold and sparkly details were featured in the bold of a belt and buttons.
- Off-the-shoulder baby blue dress with lace details and a huge ribbon from Alexis Mabille at Paris Fashion Week SS19. The gold mask and silver ankle boots were making this outfit almost alienlike.
- Altuzarra knows how to make an entrance with a button-down skirt, a body-hugging knitted crop top, and what seemed like a whole two-piece set of white sleeveless shirt and knitted off-the-shoulder vest.
- Polka dots, and loads of them from Andrew Gn at Paris Fashion Week SS19. There was a stunning long maxi polka dot dress with a thin ribbon belt and ruffled off-the-shoulder details featuring smaller polka dots.
- Another egg nog piece, this time from Atlein. Knee-length satin dress with flare details, loose sleeves and twisted fabric across the waist – the perfect Spring dress for a night out with the loved one.
- I definitely didn’t expect this from Balmain, but there was a very positive U-turn with Olivier Rousteing’s collection at Paris Fashion Week SS19. The bling and sex appeal were still there but there was this combination of clothes that blew me away. A high-waist baby pink skirt is laying over a pair of leather pants. To top it off, accompanying this combo is a quilted crop top and quilted blazer in the same colour scheme. Weird but genius but weird!
- A very sleek two-coloured piece from Carmen March. A mustard sleeveless top with asymmetrical cuts, matched with straight leg black trousers – a cocktail outfit that will definitely make you stand out.
- A very short dress with bomber sleeves and sequined details from Celine at Paris Fashion Week SS19.
- Chanel’s whole theme was screaming summer. There were sand, umbrellas and sun at their show. The garments were also featuring those details and there was an especially colourful pleated dress with red and violet umbrellas.
- Chloe also stood out with a knitted crop blouse with wide sleeves. The blouse is paired with wool pants with split ends at the knee. There were also some bohemian accessories to elevate the whole look to a more modern age.
- Ballet was definitely the inspiration behind the beautiful baby pink knitted dress at Dior’s show.
- Elie Saab was also showing us his views on what modern rock ‘n’ roll style should like with his pleated and see-through dress.
- Another kimono-style dress at Paris Fashion Week SS19, this time from Giambattista Valli.
- A very sleek two-piece black suit with straight cuts and details from Givenchy.
- There was a bright selection from Gucci at Paris Fashion Week SS19 with a bright blue pleated dress and an oversized strawberry red fur coat.
- Guy Laroche presented yet another two-piece suit but with white blazer and black and white straight trousers.
- Let me know if you figure out what Hermes was trying to do with the piece I’ve included in the gallery. Raincoat with a dress?
- Sequin and silver from Isabel Marant at Paris Fashion Week SS19.
- The first floral piece from Paris Fashion Week SS19 comes from Leonard Paris in the form of a long maxi dress with a deep V-neck and long sleeves.
- Talking about sleeves, what do you think of Louis Vuitton huge white bomber sleeves peeking out of a black jumpsuit?
- Sequin see-through skirt, black shorts, knitted crop T-shirt, knitted crop vest, black knee-length socks and a black belt. That pretty much sums up Miu Miu.
- Off-White definitely made an entrance with Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner walking synchronically on a run track with sporty fashionable designs.
- I didn’t think Saint Laurent could top it off after their Eiffel show but they certainly did! This time the models were walking on water ladies and gentlemen!
- If you ask me, there was a very fashionable floral bike suit from Stella McCartney at Paris Fashion Week SS19.
- Vera Wang showcase pleats, embroidery and frills.
- Elegance and only elegance from Zuhair Murad at Paris Fashion Week SS19 but what else could one expect?
Did you follow Paris Fashion Week SS19?
Any favourite pieces?
Click here for more runway highlights!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: