I can’t believe it’s that time of the year again! It feels like yesterday when I wrote the February fashion weeks’ posts. Now, it’s September and the month kicked-off with New York Fashion Week SS20. This time though I wasn’t expecting as much as the last times. I was prepared to be more or less disappointed!
Although I was a bit disappointed, there were some great shows and I saved all of my favourite looks! Before that, I also tried to summarize the best looks and give you the highlights!
Ahead, New York Fashion Week SS20 highlights!
New York Fashion Week SS20 Highlights
- At New York Fashion Week SS20, Adeam showcased a collection inspired by the Japanese kawaii aesthetic. There were floaty, ball skirt tulle dresses as well as some bold designs. The navy blue suit, for example, is absolutely beautiful and elegant with its sharp tailored silhouette.
- I’ve always enjoyed Alice and Olivia’s designs. They are feminine and sexy without being too much. My favourite designs are a white suit with a V-neckline and a satin long dress in a baby pink salmon colour.
- A lot of bright florals and tropical shades at Badley Mischka’s fashion show. There were also belted mixed-print dresses as well as swimwear with ruffled bikini tops. The look that took my breath away is a gorgeous floral print skirt with a belt and a white shirt with long puff sleeves!
- Brandon Maxwell really knows how to design bodycon outfits! I am mesmerized by the satin black crop top and long satin skirt. Candice Swanepoel also made the design even hotter… There were also model-off-duty styles with blazers over skinny and slouchy jeans.
- For New York Fashion Week SS20 Carolina Herrera showcased a beautiful sleeveless long dress. It is covered from head-to-toe with yellow flowers. Absolutely stunning dress for next summer!
- If you’ve been following some of my designer dupes posts, you’d know that I’m huge of Tifanny’s blue colour. Thus, I couldn’t just not include Christian Siriano’s two-piece suit. The wide-leg trousers with a V-neck blazer covered in gemstones would be on my next wish list!
- Cinq a Sept also designed a 3-piece suit that I fell in love with instantly. Gold-toned crop top with a matching blazer and wide-leg pants with a high waist!
- It seems like there are going to be a lot of gold-toned and metallic looks in 2020. For New York Fashion Week SS20, Cong Tri also designed a 3-piece suit set. However, the crop top is replaced by a bralette!
- I’m not sure if this could be worn as a wedding dress but Dennis Basso’s white feather dress is definitely something a future bride should consider!
- A two-piece green set with an oversized jacket and short tailored trousers made an appearance at Elie Tahari’s fashion show.
- Black and gold glitter all over Greta Constantine design. Huge oversized puff-sleeved top with wide black pants in black glitter. A look that will definitely turn heads!
- For New York Fashion Week SS20 Jason Wu presented a beige trench coat over a floral cropped top and a matching skirt with a side split.
- Another suit set I also fell in love is Lela Rose’s design. Baby pink oversized suit blazer over a navy blue cropped top. Yet, the trousers stole the show for me. Navy blue in the middle with contrasting side straps; one is yellow whilst the other – pink!
- Everything about Longchamp’s short jumpsuit is absolutely genius. From the red and white puff sleeves to the little side stripes on the shorts – just beautiful! Moreover, the white handbag and knee-length sports boots also complemented the look.
- At New York Fashion Week SS20, Marissa Webb presented cropped and belted military trousers with angular cargo pockets. There were also tailored blazers, structured skirts and shorts with her signature high waist.
- LaPointe’s designs for spring included belted ivory pantsuits with knit capes layered on top. Moreover, asymmetrically draped blouses in blush to neon tangerine colours, made an appearance.
- Shoji was also inspired by Japanese culture. Every single look was extremely elegant in its simplicity. Furthermore, a white dress with split sleeves was the highlight at the show!
Which of the looks is your favourite?
Images / Credit: Vogue
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: