Compared to previous years, I think there were a lot more designers during NYFW Fall ’20. Yet, I didn’t quite like as much of the collections as before. Most of them were either too plain or over-the-top. Especially when considering that a fall collection should express comfort, these year’s designer collections were short of that.
Some designers even went to such extents that the clothes weren’t even appropriate for night outs or special occasions. No jokes – feathers, glitter, etc. – everything you might think it’s over-the-top, you could see it in a single piece of clothing.
Nevertheless, I still managed to find some amazing collections to review! Without further ado, read more about the New York Fashion Week Fall ’20 highlights below alongside my personal favourite designs from the collections.
New York Fashion Week FW20 Highlights
- I’ve also enjoyed Alice + Olivia collections and their fall collection was no exception. A personal favourite is an almost head-to-toe glitter outfit. Yes, it might sound a bit too much for a winter outfit, yet, it definitely isn’t! The model wears a burnt brown glittery top with matching high-waist vinyl trousers. What makes this combination more ‘down to earth’ is the knitted coat over the outfit.
- It might not have been a newcomer at NYFW but Aliette was definitely a new one for me! One outfit stood out compared to the rest – the model is wearing a turquoise suit. What differentiates it from your regular blazer and trousers combination is not the colour though. The blazer is a lighter shade of turquoise with a see-through twist – geometrical holes!
- At New York Fashion Week Badgley Mischka stood out with a gorgeous golden dress. With see-through sleeves, it has gem-stitched flower details head-to-toe.
- Brandon Maxwell surprised at NYFW with a lot more than his usual sweater and skirt outfit combos. Well, the outfit I favoured still involves a sweater and skirt but it is a lot more than that. The model wears a skater black skirt with an olive green sweater but the contrast comes from the similar to leopard pattern bomber jacket and knee-high boots.
- Carolina Herrera also surprised with a knitted contrasting outfit combination. The model wears a long fitted azure sweater with a matching knitted skirt. As for the contrast, it comes from the green boots!
- Another highlight from NYFW Fall ’20 is one of Cynthia Rowley’s designs! The model is wearing a colourful shirt and trousers combination, also styled with an oversized long fur coat.
- A very casual but stylish denim look presented Frame for their fall collection. The black denim shirt is styled with a white denim pencil skirt. A pair of brown slouchy boots are making this outfit perfect for a daily ootd look!
- Gabriela Hearst presented a simple yet effective blue suit combination at NYFW. What I particularly liked about this look is the contrasting orange belt details on the blazer!
- I really do like the beige look, thus, when Jonathan Simkhai showcased his version of an all-beige outfit, I immediately liked it! The model is wearing a light and dark beige trench and trousers outfit. Apart from the contrasting beige shades, a pair of red boots is giving this outfit an interesting twist!
- At NYFW FW20 Michael Kors displayed green polo sweaters and matching knee-split skirts. Fur and leather outerwear and accessories were also part of the designer’s collection for the winter months.
- If I’m not mistaken, I haven’t previously featured Monse in my fashion week’s highlights but the cream outfit on the catwalk definitely caught my attention. The model is wearing a cold-shoulder oversized sweater and a zip-lined leather skirt.
- Although I’m quite fussy about all-glitter outfits, Rodarte is definitely hitting all the right spots with its gorgeous colourful sparkling design for fall!
- Another highlight from NYFW Fall ’20 are Sally LaPointe’s ever-so-trendy fur-sleeve designs. This time though the fur details are featured on a short dark brown suit jacket. The look is completed with similarly coloured trousers and sweater!
- A very feminine cocktail design from Self-Portrait at this year’s New York Fashion Week. An off-the-shoulder sparkling top is matched with a black pair of satin trousers with a high-waist design.
- The last look I really enjoyed from NYFW comes Veronica Beard’s collection. A checked coat, styled with light blue jeans, turquoise blazer and the peachy top is the perfect casual, yet stylish look for the fall!
Which looks are your favourite from NYFW FW20?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: