Love it or hate it, it is that time of the year again – FASHION MONTH, yikes! To be honest with you, I thought of entirely skipping the fall/winter fashion shows. It’s not that I didn’t want to look at the designers and their amazing collections. No, I just considered that you wouldn’t be that interested in reading my mumbo-jumbo on the highlights of the fashion week. However, after a quick poll on my Insagram stories, it turned out that everyone, yes – 100% of the people that voted, wanted to see my favourite moments and highlights from the fashion weeks! Although I’m fully aware that you’re most probably here for the pictures (just admit it!), I am still going to actually provide you with some written content. Also, don’t forget – you can shop all new designer collections at FarFetch, MatchesFashion and Harrods!
Ahead, New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2019 Highlights!
New York Fashion Week FW19 Highlights
- Alena Akhmadullina once again stunned me with her creative touch at NYFW! Most, if not all, of her pieces, feature a sort of a beaded decorative animal. Even the most casual of pieces tend to have an ornate touch. For example, a denim jumpsuit had its chest embroidered with beaded cats.
- At New York Fashion Week, Red Valentino’s collection showcased a lot of easy plissé dresses in chinoiserie prints and leotard-inspired base layers over bow-accented boots.
- Ford’s collection, on the contrary, displayed multiple suits in bright, luscious colours like red, pink, and purple. Moreover, the shoulders of the blazers were strong, collars were turned up, and waists were snug. The trousers, on the other hand, were oversized with gently rolled cuffs above the ankle.
- Another highlight from NYFW FW19 is Lee Simmons’s collection, which is still full of wardrobe essentials like silk shirting and cocoon jackets.
- A big surprise from Ulla Johnson at New York Fashion Week! Apart from her gorgeous dresses, this time she surprised the audience with her coats. A plush, oversized, reversible chocolate-brown shearling coat really made a statement.
- Strapless dresses embroidered with pearls and ostrich feathers on skirts were featured at Pamella Roland’s fashion show.
- New York Fashion Week FW19 marked Khaite’s first show with cashmere pullovers, jeans and crisp blouses.
- Camilla and Marc Fall’s collection showcased sculptural tailoring on suiting and blazers with contour-stitch detailing.
- Tiered cotton dresses belted with tweed blazers from Brock’s collection.
- In contrast, Hellessy’s presented a wild mixture of garments in electric colours, sequins and rich velvet.
- We all know that Jeremy Scott was born without a zip on his mouth, but at this NYFW he truly amazed the crowd. The clothes were jam-packed with trigger words, like ‘scandal’ and ‘chaos’ in grayscale Swarovski crystals.
- I’ve always really enjoyed Cushnie’s collections, and it came to no surprise that the Fall collection was once again amazing. Highlights included a deep eggplant one-shoulder mini-dress with tassel scarf detailing.
- Kendall Jenner attended NYFW as the ‘face’ of Longchamp and was seated next to Kate Moss.
- Monochromatic wasp-waist looks, with lots of pencil shapes and beautifully tailored bootleg trousers from Maxwell.
- Another New York Fashion Week highlight comes from Simkhai. Embroidered scarves, marigold lace dresses and printed puffer jackets from the designer.
- Floral-print dresses, streamlined double-breasted wool coats and plaid trench coats from Burch.
- This season Dion Lee showcased cutting knits in a collarbone swoop with curved bralettes underneath sheer pieces.
- For Fall, Pam & Gela presented garments in bright colours like poppy, fuchsia and a rich azure. Ladylike details were present too, alongside mix and match tracksuits.
- At NYFW, Zimmermann offered knit balloon-sleeve mini-dresses with knee-high boots combinations. There were also more knits, more dress silhouettes, more texture, and more prints.
- Basso displayed some faux-fur coats and wrap gowns with a hand-beaded floral motif cascading down the front.
- As of last year, Coach is officially fur-free! At NYFW, the brand presented its warm and fuzzy alternatives.
- Another New York Fashion Week FW19 highlight was Oscar de la Renta’s show. Polished tailoring, menswear checks and carpet jacquards.
- There were also feathers and fake fur from Michael Kors. Alongside the furry alternatives were sequin T-shirt dresses, silk blouses for both guys and girls, and subtle cashmere knits.
- Boss showcased suits in a mix of classic silhouettes, luxe materials, and of-the-moment tweaks.
- The last highlight from New York Fashion Week comes from Marc Jacobs. His Fall collection is full of cloth coats and capes, tulle party dresses, A-line skirts and crewnecks.
Credit Images: Vogue
More runway highlights here!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: