Drones, human heads, baby dragons. If I didn’t know it was Milan Fashion Week, I would have thought I’m in a modern-day version of Game of Thrones! The drones at Dolce & Gabbana were no doubt a first for fashion week, but completely unnecessary, especially since the audience waited for 45min! Gucci also decided to take a creative approach with severed heads that models were carrying around while trotting on the catwalk. Apparently, the human head replicas took 18 months but at least the show was on time… ahem… Ahead, Milan Fashion Week Fall ’18 highlights and personal favourites in the gallery.
Milan Fashion Week FW ’18 Highlights
- Dean and Dan Caten delivered a Western collection this Fall.
- Women’s check jumpsuits in sepia tones and turtleneck sweaters under looser men’s suiting were seen at Daks.
- Baby dragon and replicas of models’ own heads tucked under their arms and lavender-lace allusions to burkas. Sensational but rather creepy fashion collection by Gucci.
- Cucinelli presented a lot of cashmere in muted-toned velvet in his jackets, paper-bag pants and knits.
- Silver-studded black denim jumpsuits were taking over at Alberta Ferretti show in Milan Fashion Week.
- N21 showcased slouchy cut wide pants, plaid shirts and jackets with slick black leather or crystal-pocked fringing.
- There was a conspiracy theory at Milan Fashion Week FW ’18. A fashion conspiracy theory that is! Jeremy Scott took inspiration from a JFK conspiracy – the one conjecturing that President Kennedy told Marilyn Monroe aliens were real. Consequently, alien-like models were flaunting Marilyn Monroe tailored numbers.
- At Fendi, the double-F beige-brown logo patterns were deployed over everything from tights to fur sweatshirts to flocked trench coats and baguette bags.
- A female empowered Fall show from Max Mara at Milan Fashion Week FW ’18.
- Greek and Roman inspirations were taking over at Puglisi’s Fall collection. Cocoon coats, gladiator dresses and moto jackets were seen on the runway.
- For Fall, Battaglia focused her collection on sharp-cut pantsuits, blazers with strong shoulders and high-waisted trousers.
- Plenty of softly-waisted, billowy-sleeved, floaty dresses at Beccaria’s Fall collection.
- Pucci’s signature prints were seen across blanket coats, skirt suits and capes.
- The Fall collection by Ponti looked fresh and feminine with beautiful wrapped dresses in heart-shaped polka-dot printed silk.
- Glowing fluorescents and digital prints were contrasted with tweeds, squared-off parkas, and construction worker vests at Prada’s.
- Milan Fashion Week FW ’18 was the host of the cutest ‘accessories’ at Tod’s Fall collection. Leather, suede and shearling parkas were accompanied by puppies under models arms.
- Slick trenchcoats, schoolgirl shirt collars, beige tailoring and tulip-shaped miniskirts had a strong presence at Versace.
- Dondup presented shearling coats and sturdy jackets paired with flimsy dresses in velvet or printed chiffon.
- At Milan Fashion Week FW ’18 Giorgio Armani’s eveningwear stood out – crystal-beaded and fringed jackets contrasted with black velvet.
- An energetic vibe at Simonetta Ravizza Fall collection – classic and sporty-inspired outerwear were presented alongside fur-infused collars, cuffs, trimmings and linings.
- Comforting fabrics at Jil Sander show – strictly wool tailored jacket in organza, blue-and-white floral downy fleece was cut into a double-face cocoon coat and ribbed knits in red or navy.
- Marni showcased blue and toxic green belted coats, nylon raincoats and hooded duffel coats. Moreover, brightly-coloured layerings of knitted tunics over super-wide pants were also seen in this year’s Fall collection.
Are you following MFW? What did you think of this year’s Milan Fashion Week FW ’18 collections?
If interested, check out my last Milan Fashion Week post, covering the SS ’18 collections!
Check out runway + trends for more fashion weeks highlights!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: